JSP not recognizing class
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Apollo_13
Posted On:   Wednesday, June 5, 2002 10:43 AM

I have a java class that accesses the database. Now I have compiled this class in a folder called /com which is relative to the web-inf/classes folder , so the class file called BorgDetails.class resides as : Apache_TomCAT_folder/WEB-INF/classes/com/BorgDetails.class. The BorgDetails.class of course is defined in the com package. I have a test harness at the Apache_TomCAT_folder/WEB-INF/classes level, called TestBD.class that imports this package. The CLASSPATH is defined as : Apache_TomCAT_folder/WEB-INF/classes. I could compile both BorgDetails.java and TestBD.java just fine. The TestBD.class runs just fine and instantiates and executes the BorgDetails class. But when I try to instantiate and execute BorgDetails class    More>>

I have a java class that accesses the database. Now I have compiled this class in a folder called /com which is relative to the web-inf/classes folder , so the class file called BorgDetails.class resides as :
Apache_TomCAT_folder/WEB-INF/classes/com/BorgDetails.class. The BorgDetails.class of course is defined in the com package.

I have a test harness at the Apache_TomCAT_folder/WEB-INF/classes level, called TestBD.class that imports this package. The CLASSPATH is defined as : Apache_TomCAT_folder/WEB-INF/classes.
I could compile both BorgDetails.java and TestBD.java just fine.
The TestBD.class runs just fine and instantiates and executes the BorgDetails class.
But when I try to instantiate and execute BorgDetails class in a JSP as a bean Tomcat throws a ClassNotFoundException!!

The code for the JSP is :

Initially the name is :

Now the name is :

The funny thing is I have another class in the same package (com) and I can instantiate and execute that in a JSP just fine.
I am wondering what is happening here!! I also checked for other versions of BorgDetails on the hard drive but there are none.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact