dcsimg
"Invalid state for getResultset" Error...
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Santosh_Hiremath
Posted On:   Monday, June 3, 2002 11:18 PM

Hi, I am working on a HTML Frameset which has two frames, both these frames contain one JSP file each. And within these files i am fetching records from the database(MS-SQL) in both these files. Also I am using a connection pool bean and hence effectively i am using only one connection in both these pages (thats what i think. Please, correct me if i am wrong...). This frameset page works fine on my system but when I have it in a server and try to run it from my sys(as a client) I am getting the error "Invalid state for getResultset". I dont know if using the same connection is the cause for this error and if so, is there any other way than having two different instances of the connection pool class??? When i refresh the entire page the error persi   More>>

Hi,
I am working on a HTML Frameset which has two frames, both these frames contain one JSP file each. And within these files i am fetching records from the database(MS-SQL) in both these files. Also I am using a connection pool bean and hence effectively i am using only one connection in both these pages (thats what i think. Please, correct me if i am wrong...). This frameset page works fine on my system but when I have it in a server and try to run it from my sys(as a client) I am getting the error "Invalid state for getResultset". I dont know if using the same connection is the cause for this error and if so, is there any other way than having two different instances of the connection pool class??? When i refresh the entire page the error persists. But when i refresh frame by frame I get the desired output.

I also remember that i faced problem in a similar situation (i.e. frameset with two frames) some time back. But the error then was "Resultset is busy with another hstmt". I finally abondoned the frameset idea. But this time I need to have it by some or the other means.

Please help me in this regard by guiding me to take appropriate steps to avoid this error. Thanks a lot for the time u spent in going thro this question. If u can provide me a solution I will be very thankful to u.

HK Santosh

<<Less

Re: "Invalid state for getResultset" Error...

Posted By:   Christopher_Koenigsberg  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 4, 2002 06:47 AM

Do you have a local Statement (or PreparedStatement) and ResultSet, in each JSP page? I think the errors (especially your old one about "resultset is busy") sound like you are trying to share the same Statement and ResultSet, in addition to the Connection, which you cannot do.

About | Sitemap | Contact