dcsimg
Working with EJB and Websphere Application Server 3.5. I need to make customized searchs via EJB.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, June 3, 2002 09:08 AM

I'm actually working in the development of an application, using Websphere Application Server 3.5 . We have been told to only access database via Entity EJBs, but we need to make customized queries (customizing the SELECT, the FROM and the WHERE clause... not forgetting the ORDER BY) that should return not one but many rows. In other words, we need to use a findMethod, or something like this, but i've been searching and i don't find how to make it for Websphere. Anybody knows?

Re: Working with EJB and Websphere Application Server 3.5. I need to make customized searchs via EJB.

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Monday, June 3, 2002 11:20 AM

use a Session bean for this. Create a stateless session bean and pass the query to it. have it retrieve a set of keys that matched the search criteria and then after that get each one via entity bean. websphere 3.5 is EJB 1.1 and therefore you cannot utilize EJB-QL which would be a bit easier if done correctly. also, look at Fast-Lane Reader pattern in J2EE patterns.
About | Sitemap | Contact