dcsimg
File Download dont work with JDK 1.3.1
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Siraj_Haider
Posted On:   Friday, May 31, 2002 03:31 PM

i am using Oracle JSP with Apache and was using JSP page to download a file uploaded from html page to server hard drive. This combination was working with JDK 1.2.2 installed on apache, but when i installed JDK 1.3.1 on apache, the file that it saves to disk becomes garbage. And it only happens with binary files (like word document). One thing that came to my mind is, may be it is due to unicode characters in it... but even then why it was working with JDK 1.2.2 ??? but when i see the supported formats of JDK 1.3.1 and JDK 1.2.2, i found out that JDK 1.3.1 supports UTF-16 while JDK 1.2.2 only supports upto UTF-8. Can this be a problem ??? Can somebody tell me how to solve this problem. Any help will be very much appreciated   More>>

i am using Oracle JSP with Apache and was using JSP page to download a file uploaded from html page to server hard drive. This combination was working with JDK 1.2.2 installed on apache, but when i installed JDK 1.3.1 on apache, the file that it saves to disk becomes garbage. And it only happens with binary files (like word document).

One thing that came to my mind is, may be it is due to unicode characters in it... but even then why it was working with JDK 1.2.2 ??? but when i see the supported formats of JDK 1.3.1 and JDK 1.2.2, i found out that JDK 1.3.1 supports UTF-16 while JDK 1.2.2 only supports upto UTF-8. Can this be a problem ???

Can somebody tell me how to solve this problem. Any help will be very much appreciated.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact