Single Sign On Question
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mark_Bennett
Posted On:   Friday, May 31, 2002 01:03 PM

Hi, I'm trying to set up a single signon system for my company that would allow a user to sign on to one of our webapplications and then be authenticated on all of them (much like how something like passport works, only we would authorize our own users.) As long as the user doesn't log out they should be able to go from site to site and not have to enter any passwords. Currently we have web applications that run in Python and Java (JSP/Servlets). We are also looking at writing clients for use on desktop computers and it would be nice if these could at least authenticate against the same user database, though they likely wouldn't also use session tracking. The clients would probably be written in either Visual C++, C#, or Java. I   More>>

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a single signon system for my company that would allow a user to sign on to one of our webapplications and then be authenticated on all of them (much like how something like passport works, only we would authorize our own users.) As long as the user doesn't log out they should be able to go from site to site and not have to enter any passwords. Currently we have web applications that run in Python and Java (JSP/Servlets). We are also looking at writing clients for use on desktop computers and it would be nice if these could at least authenticate against the same user database, though they likely wouldn't also use session tracking. The clients would probably be written in either Visual C++, C#, or Java.

I have looked at SAML but it doesn't seem like there's is enough support for it. As well the Python web app is older and uses Python 1.6 which doesn't support XML very well.

I have come up with a few ideas of my own, but most would involve a lot of custom coding and this certainly seems like an issue others may have addressed.

Does anyone have any good suggestions on what existing technologies might help with this?

<<Less

Re: Single Sign On Question

Posted By:   Steve_Long  
Posted On:   Friday, May 31, 2002 01:06 PM

what is the network environment, ie Microsoft, Novell, etc. ? the network operating system is a major factor in what approach one should take.
About | Sitemap | Contact