dcsimg
How do I get rid of the "Compile failed..." message from Ant when the javac task reports erros?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Shorn_Tolley
Posted On:   Friday, May 31, 2002 09:03 AM

When I'm compiling a project and I have a syntax error, Ant reports line numbers and all that guff about the error; excellent, fine, that's what I want. But, it also always outputs the following after outputting information about the syntax errors: BUILD FAILED uild.xml: : Compile failed, messages should have been provided. This message, which looks like Ant is reporting a syntax error within the actual build file, is really annoying. It's annoying because some IDEs (NetBeans and IDEA specifically, probably others too) will simply assume this message is telling the user about an error in the XML file. When it's not really, it's telling the user that some target within the file    More>>

When I'm compiling a project and I have a syntax error, Ant reports line numbers and all that guff about the error; excellent, fine, that's what I want.

But, it also always outputs the following after outputting information about the syntax errors:

BUILD FAILED

uild.xml: : Compile failed, messages should have been provided.

This message, which looks like Ant is reporting a syntax error within the actual build file, is really annoying. It's annoying because some IDEs (NetBeans and IDEA specifically, probably others too) will simply assume this message is telling the user about an error in the XML file. When it's not really, it's telling the user that some target within the file failed.

Is there any way to get rid of this message? I've tried providing -quiet on the command line, I've looked in the Ant manual, Ant FAQ and JGuru Ant FAQ and I can't find an answer.

Thanks,

Shorn.

<<Less

Re: How do I get rid of the "Compile failed..." message from Ant when the javac task reports erros?

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Friday, May 31, 2002 11:48 AM

No, you cannot get rid of this message. Its merely the task reporting that compilation errors occurred. I've never seen it confuse IDE's though.
About | Sitemap | Contact