dcsimg
About SCJD...
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   The_Hulk
Posted On:   Monday, May 27, 2002 01:25 PM

Hi!

I've programmed in Java for about 2 years now. I'm a SCJP since march 2002 and thinking of taking the next step, SCJD.

What do I really have to know about Java to pass the SCJD? Do I HAVE to know about RMI? Do I have to know about advanced JDBC? Do I have to be very talanted in OOAD?

Thanks in advance!

Andrew

Re: About SCJD...

Posted By:   Dave_Pellatt  
Posted On:   Monday, June 24, 2002 06:28 AM

You will certainly need to know RMI and JDBC... you will also need to have a reasonable understanding of OOA/D/P (do you really understand "Cohesion", "Encapsulation" and "Loose Coupling"?) to produce a good design and to answer the exam questions. Reading up on the J2EE Blueprints, and the design of n-tier applications using RMI and JDBC will help a lot.

Apply good principles of OOP in your project, and keep to industry standard coding practises (see Scott Ambler's paper and book for an excellent start).

Hope that helps,

Dave Pellatt

SCJP, SCJD & SCJA

Re: About SCJD...

Posted By:   Sundari_Srinivasamurthy  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 28, 2002 11:56 PM

Hi,

I have also completed the SCJP and, done some pre-study on the requisites for the SCJD.

From what I see, we need to have a good understanding of the concepts involving RMI, Swing, JDBC, Object Serialisation and it will definitely be preferrable if we've worked on those areas too.

Probably not on all the indepth concepts of OOAD..but, definitely the basic ones will be necy. to justify your design during the written exam. So, it is wise to do a good study on that part..before implementation.

About | Sitemap | Contact