Javamail using sendmail on unix
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   michel_beausaert
Posted On:   Friday, May 24, 2002 03:16 AM

Hi, I a kind of new to java mail programming and I am used to develop on a windows platform. I understand that you need a smtp server for sending mails ( of course). In a unix environment one can use 'sendmail'. But I do not see how to use it in my implementation. What do I fill in in the properties I pass to the session, when it comes to defining the smtp server when using 'sendmail'? Properties props = new Properties(); props.put("mail.smtp.host", ???); Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(props, null); thx, Michel.    More>>

Hi,

I a kind of new to java mail programming and I am used to develop on a windows platform.

I understand that you need a smtp server for sending mails ( of course).

In a unix environment one can use 'sendmail'. But I do not see how to use it in my implementation. What do I fill in in the properties I pass to the session, when it comes to defining the smtp server when using 'sendmail'?

Properties props = new Properties();
props.put("mail.smtp.host", ???);
Session session = Session.getDefaultInstance(props, null);

thx,

Michel.    <<Less

Re: Javamail using sendmail on unix

Posted By:   Lunkwill_Vroomfondel  
Posted On:   Monday, May 27, 2002 03:49 PM

if there is a sendmail-daemon running on your computer, the server is "localhost" and the port is 25.

you dont invoke sendmail as your mail-handling-program directly - thats exactly the job, javamail does for you.

Re: Javamail using sendmail on unix

Posted By:   John_Zukowski  
Posted On:   Sunday, May 26, 2002 05:00 PM

It doesn't matter what program you are using. All you have to do is put the name of the server that is listening on the appropriate port.
About | Sitemap | Contact