Is there a (odbc) protocol that will allow me to connect to a database on a remote server?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   joni_sutherland
Posted On:   Thursday, May 23, 2002 07:51 PM

I need to make a database connection to a remote server (NT). I can connect to my local database with this URL, "jdbc:odbc:JSurvey" But when I try to simulate a network connection with this URL, "jdbc:odbc://192.168.1.143:1433/JSurvey", I get the error message, Data source name not found and no default driver specified I believe that that's because the server is literally looking for an odbc of the name "//192.168.1.143:1433/JSurvey" Is that correct? Is there some protocol I should replace "odbc" with that would make that url work? Thanks, Joni    More>>

I need to make a database connection to a remote server (NT).

I can connect to my local database with this URL, "jdbc:odbc:JSurvey" But when I try to simulate a network connection with this URL, "jdbc:odbc://192.168.1.143:1433/JSurvey", I get the error message,

Data source name not found and no default driver specified

I believe that that's because the server is literally looking for an odbc of the name "//192.168.1.143:1433/JSurvey"

Is that correct? Is there some protocol I should replace "odbc" with that would make that url work?

Thanks,

Joni

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact