How to make a modal window without title bar and icons?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sven_Gschwend
Posted On:   Thursday, May 23, 2002 03:59 PM

He there! I'd like to construct a modal window (frame) without the tile bar (system menu) and without the icons (close, minimize, maximize) which pops up when pressing on a button which is on a frame and shows a progression bar! The problem is not the bar or the button but neither JFrame nor JDialog is suitable as a solution because they contain a titlebar and at minimum the close icon! A JWindow has unfortunately no borders like JFrames have and can't dragged around on the desktop (or am I wrong?)! So, which Component fits my requests? Or is there any chance to disable the close icon of JDialog? thx a lot SiS    More>>

He there!
I'd like to construct a modal window (frame) without the tile bar (system menu) and without the icons (close, minimize, maximize) which pops up when pressing on a button which is on a frame and shows a progression bar!

The problem is not the bar or the button but neither JFrame nor JDialog is suitable as a solution because they contain a titlebar and at minimum the close icon!

A JWindow has unfortunately no borders like JFrames have and can't dragged around on the desktop (or am I wrong?)!

So, which Component fits my requests?

Or is there any chance to disable the close icon of JDialog?

thx a lot

SiS

<<Less

Re: How to make a modal window without title bar and icons?

Posted By:   Samir_Randive  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 23, 2002 05:50 PM

If you are using JDK1.4 you can use a JFrame and call the setDecorated(false) method on the frame.

cheers...

Samir
About | Sitemap | Contact