Tomcat 4.0.3 multiple instances on w2k and IIS
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, May 23, 2002 08:56 AM

Hi, I installed Tomcat 4.0.3 on w2k running IIS 5 as webserver. All is running perfectly. I would like now to create multiple instances of Tomcat, each one running separately. My goal is to create two independent web applications that will be accessed by their own domain (www.app1.com and www.app2.com) but running on the same server. Currently, I start and stop Tomcat as a service (tomcat.exe process) and I would like to keep this way to start/stop each instances. I already read a lot about Tomcat, especially on this site but I did not understand yet how I can create multiple instances on w2k with IIS. Could you please help? Frédéric    More>>

Hi,

I installed Tomcat 4.0.3 on w2k running IIS 5 as webserver. All is running perfectly.

I would like now to create multiple instances of Tomcat, each one running separately.

My goal is to create two independent web applications that will be accessed by their own domain (www.app1.com and www.app2.com) but running on the same server.

Currently, I start and stop Tomcat as a service (tomcat.exe process) and I would like to keep this way to start/stop each instances.

I already read a lot about Tomcat, especially on this site but I did not understand yet how I can create multiple instances on w2k with IIS.

Could you please help?

Frédéric

<<Less

Re: Tomcat 4.0.3 multiple instances on w2k and IIS

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Sunday, May 26, 2002 12:03 PM

Frederic

there are two parts to what you are trying to do:

first, you need to be able to run multiple instances of tomcat on one single computer. For that purpose, you need to configure the two tomcat so that their HTTP connnectors use different IP ports.

port="9080" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
enableLookups="false" redirectPort="9443"
acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>

The next problem is configuring these two instances of tomcat so that both are executed as services. For that, you will have to assign both services a unique name. Refer to the FAQ for some details about how to invoque tomcat.exe to configure tomcat to run as a service

second, you need to configure both tomcat instances to use a different AJP connector for their communication with IIS.

port="9009" minProcessors="5" maxProcessors="75"
acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>

you have to pick two different ports, and you will also have to configure the two workers.properties accordingly

worker.list=tomcat1
worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13
worker.tomcat1.port=9009
worker.tomcat1.host=127.0.0.1

cheers,
About | Sitemap | Contact