Making an EJB Web Service client talk to C++ Server
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Kapil_Nagpal
Posted On:   Sunday, May 19, 2002 11:21 PM

Hi,
I want to design a web service in which the client is an EJB and the server is a C++ implementation. Please provide me with any relevant links / pointers on how to accomplish this and what all coding effort is required ...

Thanks,
Kapil

Re: Making an EJB Web Service client talk to C++ Server

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Saturday, May 25, 2002 05:29 PM

Look at the microsoft SOAP toolkit for how to expose a COM object as a Web Service. As for the client side, I presume you are refering to a session bean. in any case it doesn't really matter what you soap client is. Look at the Apache Group's AXIS project for an implementation of the JAXPRC spec. You can also look into JAXM, however at this point in time, it is not supported by AXIS (support is described as a 'low priority'), so the only implementation I know of is the Sun reference implementation (available via the web services developer pack).

The EJB 2.1 specification (JSR 153) is progress right now. The interesting point is that it mentiones supporting message beans (MDB) in JAXM messaging. Depending on the nature and estimated lifespan of your project you may want to take it into account when selecting your technologies: JAXPRC versus JAXM.

Front the JSR:

* Support for the use of Message-Driven Beans with JAXM messaging.

Enterprise JavaBeans 2.0 introduced the message-driven bean as a new component type in the EJB architecture. Use of message-driven beans in EJB 2.0, however, is limited to the Java Message Service API. With the growing need for Enterprise JavaBeans to support use with web services, it becomes important to extend the use of message-driven beans to support JAXM (the Java APIs for XML Messaging) in addition to JMS. This will support the asynchronous delivery of XML business documents by means of the message-driven bean type.

hope this helps,
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact