The CATALINA_HOME enviornment variable
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   preeti_gupta
Posted On:   Saturday, May 18, 2002 06:56 AM

Hi, Every time i try to start Tomcat on my Win ME machine it says C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 in>startup The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly This environment variable is needed to run this program Although i have set it in my autoexec as this SET PATH=C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSCOMMAND;C:ATF;C:JDK1.3BIN SET CLASSPATH=.;C:JDK1.3LIB;C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3commonlibservlet;C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3commonlib ools.jar SET JAVA_HOME=C:JDK1.3 SET CATALINA_HOME= C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 Can anyone please explain what is wro   More>>

Hi,

Every time i try to start Tomcat on my Win ME machine it says

C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3 in>startup
The CATALINA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly
This environment variable is needed to run this program

Although i have set it in my autoexec as this

SET PATH=C:WINDOWS;C:WINDOWSCOMMAND;C:ATF;C:JDK1.3BIN
SET CLASSPATH=.;C:JDK1.3LIB;C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3commonlibservlet;C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3commonlib ools.jar
SET JAVA_HOME=C:JDK1.3

SET CATALINA_HOME= C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3

Can anyone please explain what is wrong?

Thanks

Taash

<<Less

Re: The CATALINA_HOME enviornment variable

Posted By:   michael_dean  
Posted On:   Sunday, May 19, 2002 10:41 AM

Microsoft Windows is very "picky" about definitions of environment variables. If the above text is exactly correct (i.e. copied from the autoexec.bat file), the CATALINA_HOME environment variable did not "take" because of the space following the equals sign.

Change the line to:

SET CATALINA_HOME=C:Tomcatjakarta-tomcat-4.0.3

and it should work fine.

Note that any spaces in the SET command other than the one following the word SET will cause the command to fail (i.e. before or after the equals sign and even at the end of the line right before the line feed). If you need spaces inside a directory name, the value should be enclosed in quotes, i.e.

SET CATALINA_HOME="C:Tomcatjakarta tomcat"
About | Sitemap | Contact