Multiple open projects with IDEA?
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Malcolm_Robbins
Posted On:   Saturday, May 18, 2002 01:31 AM

Is it possible to have more than one project open within IDEA at once? It does not appear so.

Assuming it'd not possible how do other people work when they want to view the files across a couple of projects?

I personally add other paths to the project path sometimes but it's not always as convenient as toggling between two different projects.

Re: Multiple open projects with IDEA?

Posted By:   Eugene_Belyaev  
Posted On:   Tuesday, June 4, 2002 06:48 PM

It depends on what you are trying to achieve by having multiple projects that you need to work simultaneously with. In IDEA 3.0 you may specify different output paths for each of the source paths. This way you may have a single project combining a lot of different source branches. For instance, this is very useful when developing EJBs, application clients and other server-side components that are parts of a single enterprise application. Since they should be compiled (and resources get copied) to different paths, though it's useful to have them in one project (refactorings are project-wide this way).

Best regards,

Eugene Belyaev

Posted By:   manish_agarwal  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 21, 2002 02:06 PM

my approach is that i keep the minimum packages in my Project, and add all the rest of the project files in to the SourcePath.

now, your project pane is not cluttered, and you can go to any file in your source structure by pressing Ctrl-N and Alt-N (for non project files)...

Posted By:   William_Pietri  
Posted On:   Sunday, May 19, 2002 04:15 PM

I just run two copies of IDEA. It uses a fair bit of RAM, but since RAM is about $0.25/MB, it's worth it.
About | Sitemap | Contact