2d array with struts
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Justin_Hamilton
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 14, 2002 07:21 AM

I have a form that has a major portion of it imported from another file based on the selection in a html:select box. As there are many possible form endings that can be imported, I have opted to save the data entered in the imported form in an array. So, I have the following getter/setters in my formBean:     private String[] hobbies = new String[50];     public String getHobbies(int i)     { return this.hobbies[i];     }     public void setHobbies(int i, String newValue)     { this.hobbies[i] = newValue;     } and refer to it in my jsp file with:    More>>

I have a form that has a major portion of it imported from another file based on the selection in a html:select box.

As there are many possible form endings that can be imported, I have opted to save the data entered in the imported form in an array.

So, I have the following getter/setters in my formBean:

private String[] hobbies = new String[50];

public String getHobbies(int i)

{ return this.hobbies[i];

}

public void setHobbies(int i, String newValue)

{ this.hobbies[i] = newValue;

}

and refer to it in my jsp file with:

However, this causes the same text to be used for all variations of the form (if I change the selection in the option box, the data in the old form will still be in the new form)

So, I would like to use a 2d array to store the information to avoid this issue.

Does anyone know how to write a bean & jsp code to access a 2d array in struts?

Thanks.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact