Problem calling an EJB from a class running in Tomcat4.0.3
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Dan_Kozin
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 14, 2002 03:42 AM

I have a class that is a SOAP service (Under Tomcat4) that is trying to envoke some remote methods on an EJB, the SOAP service class is unable to resolve the EJB name, it seems, and throws an exception in the the home.create() method. I am not sure exactly what the exception is, since SOAP faultString object only tells me that an exception occured in the homeInterface.create() method. This only happens when I try to call the class through Tomcat, if I use my IDE or command line, the everything is fine, and I am unable to see what the exception is. It looks to me like there is a problem resolving the ejb name, but I am really confussed since the name is resolved just fine if JBuilder, or DOS prompt is used to run the class. Has anybody e   More>>

I have a class that is a SOAP service (Under Tomcat4) that is trying to envoke some remote methods on an EJB, the SOAP service class is unable to resolve the EJB name, it seems, and throws an exception in the the home.create() method. I am not sure exactly what the exception is, since SOAP faultString object only tells me that an exception occured in the homeInterface.create() method. This only happens when I try to call the class through Tomcat, if I use my IDE or command line, the everything is fine, and I am unable to see what the exception is.

It looks to me like there is a problem resolving the ejb name, but I am really confussed since the name is resolved just fine if JBuilder, or DOS prompt is used to run the class.
Has anybody else encountered problems like this.

Thank you for your help

<<Less

Re: Problem calling an EJB from a class running in Tomcat4.0.3

Posted By:   Bozidar_Dangubic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 14, 2002 03:46 AM

dan, how are you establishing InitialContext from the class running inside Tomcat? and, do you have application server's client jar file in tomcat's classpath?
About | Sitemap | Contact