Session Beans:Probs with i/f inheritance of create()
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, May 13, 2002 07:57 AM

Hi, BaseSB and mySB are both Stateless Session Beans. mySB extends BaseSB. BaseSB <-- mySB The problem is with the inheritance of the associated home interfaces. LocalBaseSBHome <--LocalmySBHome I don't want LocalBaseSBHome to have a create() (so I don't have @ejb:create-method in the class). However it is put there automatically... ..documentation says ' In Stateless Session beans the ejbCreate will be created if it is not in the code.' LocalBaseSB create() This wouldn't be a problem except Localmy   More>>

Hi,

BaseSB and mySB are both Stateless Session Beans.
mySB extends BaseSB.

BaseSB <-- mySB

The problem is with the inheritance of the associated home interfaces.

LocalBaseSBHome <--LocalmySBHome

I don't want LocalBaseSBHome to have a create() (so I don't have @ejb:create-method in the class). However it is put there automatically...
..documentation says ' In Stateless Session beans the ejbCreate will be created if it is not in the code.'

LocalBaseSB create()

This wouldn't be a problem except LocalmySBHome has the following automatically generated
(again , I don't specify an @ejb:create-method for this in the class) :

LocalmySB create()

At compile-time I get errors because the 2 methods have different signatures (eventhough I didn't want to generate either of them !).

I tried modifying the following in home.j & home-local.j
(and then re-jarred the xdoclet.jar).

ifIsCreateMethod()...superclasses="true"

Tried setting to true and then false, neither seemed to make any difference.

For now , I have modifed the code to inherit from the default interface (javax.ejb.EJBLocalObject)
....but is there something I can do to allow me to inherit from LocalBaseSBHome and not have the problem with create?

Thanks in advance,
Irial

<<Less

Re: Session Beans:Probs with i/f inheritance of create()

Posted By:   Ara_Abrahamian  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 14, 2002 10:32 AM

The problem is line 967 of HomeTagsHandler. There should be a && EjbTagsHandler.isAConcreteEJBean( getCurrentClass() ) there . XDoclet assumes a bean is abstract (not deployable as a /etc) if there's a @ejb:bean generate="false" defined there or it has some derived class and some other tests (guesses actually). I've filed it as a bug, but you can apply it on your local copy if you're in hurry :-)

Ara.

About | Sitemap | Contact