EJB inheritance differences: weblogic vs websphere
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   lior_graf
Posted On:   Sunday, May 12, 2002 02:30 AM

Hi, i was using EJB inheritance in weblogic 6.1 - i had a super EJB, and a Sub EJB, that was derived from the Super. the Sub home and remote interfaces were the same as the Super (i.e., SuperHome and Super accordingly). (using the SuperHome and Super interfaces in a polymorphic manner - just pass the right JNDI name, and u get the right Server EJB, pointed by Super interfaces. here is the lines of code i was using to do so: ServiceLocatorEJB service_locator = ServiceLocatorEJB.getInstance(); ServiceHome home = (ServiceHome)service_locator.getHome (class_name, ServiceHome.class); Service the_ejb = home.create(); anyhow,it works fine in weblogic 6.1 ,but it fails to deploy in Websphe   More>>

Hi,

i was using EJB inheritance in weblogic 6.1 - i had a super EJB, and a Sub EJB, that was derived from the Super. the Sub home and remote interfaces were the same as the Super (i.e., SuperHome and Super accordingly). (using the SuperHome and Super interfaces in a polymorphic manner - just pass the right JNDI name, and u get the right Server EJB, pointed by Super interfaces.
here is the lines of code i was using to do so:

ServiceLocatorEJB service_locator = ServiceLocatorEJB.getInstance();
ServiceHome home = (ServiceHome)service_locator.getHome (class_name, ServiceHome.class);
Service the_ejb = home.create();

anyhow,it works fine in weblogic 6.1 ,but it fails to deploy in Websphere 4.0. (the websphere studio shouts if i point the SubHome interface to be the SuperHome interface).

any workaround or solution for that?    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact