java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/Component: method getWidth() not found
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Boyaan_Fog
Posted On:   Saturday, May 11, 2002 12:04 PM

I wrote an applet using jdk1.3 which works fine in the appletviewer and Netscape. But when I use Internet Explorer get the following error when I try to run it in an html page under ie 5.5. I don't want to download a newer jvm because I want anyone else to be able to see it on the web. What do I need to do to get this applet to work with a browser - Internet Explorer? Thank you. java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/Component: method getWidth() not found at Applet.init at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0 at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent    More>>

I wrote an applet using jdk1.3 which works fine in the
appletviewer and Netscape. But when I use Internet Explorer get the following error when I try to run it in an html page under ie 5.5. I don't want to download a newer jvm because I want anyone else to be able to see it on the web.

What do I need to do to get this applet to work with a browser - Internet Explorer?

Thank you.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/Component: method getWidth() not found

at Applet.init

at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall0

at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.securedCall

at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent

at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.processSentEvent

at com/ms/applet/AppletPanel.run

at java/lang/Thread.run

<<Less

Re: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/awt/Component: method getWidth() not found

Posted By:   Stuart_Stephen  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 15, 2002 08:28 AM

Have you extended the component your using? If so, try overriding the method with:

public int getWidth() {
super.getWidth();
}

This may then work for you.

About | Sitemap | Contact