Exchange Server (5.5 & 2000) IMAP new message + message deleted event when Outlook replies and closes a message
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   venkat_subramanian
Posted On:   Friday, May 10, 2002 11:50 AM

I constantly see extra IMAP events arriving in Exchange server (5.5 & 2000) IMAP implementation in the following case: An IMAP folder in Exchange serveris monitored using my Java mail client which has registered for new/deleted message -IMAP events on an email folder. Simultaneously, an user opens an email in that folder using Outlook(with MAPI), replies to the email, and then closes the email. The java mail client suddenly get a messageAdded and messageRemoved event as soon as the replied email is closed in Outlook. This does not happen when the user uses Outlook Express. I am starting to think that, Outlook might be creating a temporary item and and then deleting it causing this problem (or) Outlook might have implementa   More>>

I constantly see extra IMAP events arriving in Exchange server (5.5 & 2000) IMAP implementation in the following case:

An IMAP folder in Exchange serveris monitored using my Java mail client which has registered for new/deleted message -IMAP events on an email folder.

Simultaneously, an user opens an email in that folder using Outlook(with MAPI), replies to the email, and then closes the email. The java mail client suddenly get a messageAdded and messageRemoved event as soon as the replied email is closed in Outlook. This does not happen when the user uses Outlook Express.

I am starting to think that, Outlook might be creating a temporary item and and then deleting it causing this problem (or) Outlook might have implementation bugs when changing the flags of the email to replied, resulting in spurious events to IMAP listeners!

If somebody else saw this problem, please let me know if you found a solution. Meanwhile, I will raise this with Microsoft support.

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact