Tomcat Configuration Problem
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 05:58 AM

I am using SunOS with tomcat 3.2.1 and apache. My problem is that tomcat doesn't start properly by automcatic startup (at boot time) though i have properly write the command in rc file which is read at startup of server. Well, I have one startup servlet ConnectionPoolServlet which is used for setting intial connection pool context.this servlet makes connection to database so i started mysql first then tomcat to be able to function this startup servlet. I kept this servlet name under tag in web.xml file. In short i maintained all care and didn't leave a loose string. BUT the problem is tomcat is not able to intialize context.it doesn't show up any lines in tomcat.log as Adding context .   More>>

I am using SunOS with tomcat 3.2.1 and apache.

My problem is that tomcat doesn't start properly by automcatic startup (at boot time) though i have properly write the command in rc file which is read at startup of server.

Well, I have one startup servlet ConnectionPoolServlet which is used for setting intial connection pool context.this servlet makes connection to database so i started mysql first then tomcat to be able to function this startup servlet.

I kept this servlet name under tag in web.xml file.

In short i maintained all care and didn't leave a loose string.

BUT the problem is tomcat is not able to intialize context.it doesn't show up any lines in tomcat.log as

Adding context ....

But when i manully run that script which i placed in rc file it starts smoothly and show up those lines.

The problem is every day i have to manually start the server to work it properly.

what my be the problem. Please help soon.

<<Less

Re: Tomcat Configuration Problem

Posted By:   Zac_Jacobson  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 9, 2002 10:12 AM

If you would use the formatting tags, your question would be easier to read.

So are you saying that: you have tomcat set up correctly, and it behaves the way you want, but you can't get SunOS boot script to start it at all; or that when your SunOS boot script starts it, tomcat doesn't behave in the same manner as when you start it by hand?

If it's the first one, then that's a SunOS question... there are many rc files and directories that run things as the OS moves between run-levels. You probably need to add your startup or shutdown commands to several rc files in order to get your system to behave correctly. Read you SunOS docs about this.

If your problem is the second one, then I would guess your script is not starting tomcat in exactly the same way, or that you're starting it in the wrong run-level, or starting it before starting something else that it needs.

Cheers,
Zac

About | Sitemap | Contact