Error debugging - sequence is crazy
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:
 

Posted By:   Oscar_Guindzberg
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 8, 2002 08:21 AM

I have a problem where debugging. I set a breakpoint, the application stops at that breakpoint. I debug with "step over", and at some point I have an "if". The condition is true, so it enters the true part, and after the true part is finished it jumps to the second line of the "else", but it doesn't really executes it. If I add a System.out.println("hhh") after the "else", it works fine. I have already tried deleting the class files, and compiling everything again. Here is the code: if (resultadoSettlement.getBoolean("status")) { common.actualizarEstado(transferenciaEJB,transferenciaBean); this.cambiosAutomaticosPosteriores(   More>>

I have a problem where debugging. I set a breakpoint, the application stops at that breakpoint. I debug with "step over", and at some point I have an "if". The condition is true, so it enters the true part, and after the true part is finished it jumps to the second line of the "else", but it doesn't really executes it. If I add a System.out.println("hhh") after the "else", it works fine.
I have already tried deleting the class files, and compiling everything again.



Here is the code:



			
if (resultadoSettlement.getBoolean("status")) {
common.actualizarEstado(transferenciaEJB,transferenciaBean);
this.cambiosAutomaticosPosteriores(transferenciaEJB, transferenciaBean);
} else {
common.cambiarEstado(transferenciaBean
, (Long) resultadoSettlement.getObject("estadoExcedido"));
common.eliminarPendiente(transferenciaBean);
}
//System.out.println("hh");





I am using IntelliJ IDEA 2.5.1 Build #544


The application is an EJB running on Bea Weblogic 6.1




I start weblogic using:


java -hotspot -ms64m -mx64m -Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8787 -classpath %CLASSPATH% -Dweblogic.Domain=mydomain -Dweblogic.Name=myserver "-Dbea.home=C: ea" -Dweblogic.management.password=%WLS_PW% -Dweblogic.ProductionModeEnabled=%STARTMODE% "-Djava.security.policy==C: eawlserver6.1/lib/weblogic.policy" "-Dweblogic.management.discover=false" weblogic.Server    <<Less

Re: Error debugging - sequence is crazy

Posted By:   John_Weir  
Posted On:   Sunday, June 9, 2002 09:14 AM

don't run with hotspot - remember , sections of code are being 'optimised' by hotspot and you will get false readings from your compiled line numbers - which no longer match the code you are executing.

HTH
About | Sitemap | Contact