dcsimg
Problem viewing applet using IE on Macintosh
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Priya_Halady
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 8, 2002 05:27 AM

Hi, I have created a very simple applet and the code has been compiled on a Windows 2000 PC to create a jar file. 1. I copied the .html and .jar file to the Macintosh and if i try to view the applet locally, the applet is displayed properly in Internet Explorer. 2. If i upload the files on www.geocities.com and try to view it, I cannot view the applet. Only a blank page is displayed and no messages are shown in the Java messages console window. 3. However I can open the local applet as well as the geocities url from Apple AppletViewer and I can view the applet. Any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong?? I am using OS X 10.0.3, Internet Explorer 5.1 and I have checked the Enable Java op   More>>

Hi,
I have created a very simple applet and the code has been compiled on a Windows 2000 PC to create a jar file.

1. I copied the .html and .jar file to the Macintosh and if i try to view the applet locally, the applet is displayed properly in Internet Explorer.

2. If i upload the files on www.geocities.com and try to view it, I cannot view the applet. Only a blank page is displayed and no messages are shown in the Java messages console window.

3. However I can open the local applet as well as the geocities url from Apple AppletViewer and I can view the applet.

Any suggestions as to where I may be going wrong??

I am using OS X 10.0.3, Internet Explorer 5.1 and I have checked the Enable Java option in the Preferences tab of IE.

Thanks,
Priya

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact