A Question on web.xml
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Radhe_Yanamandra
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 7, 2002 05:26 PM

I have following web.xml file : <?xml version="1.0" ?> ThreeParams html.ThreeParams ThreeParams /html/* The directory under which the programs are compiled are html and the name of the servelet is ThreeParams, I am using weblogic AS. When I call this servlet from a .jsp file in the same application, I get return code 404 --- Not Found. Is My web.xml file OK. Any help will be apprcicated. Thanks ---Radhe    More>>

I have following web.xml file :

<?xml version="1.0" ?>

ThreeParams

html.ThreeParams

ThreeParams

/html/*

The directory under which the programs are compiled are html and the name of the servelet is ThreeParams,

I am using weblogic AS.

When I call this servlet from a .jsp file in the same application, I get return code 404 --- Not Found.

Is My web.xml file OK.
Any help will be apprcicated.

Thanks
---Radhe

<<Less

Re: A Question on web.xml

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 7, 2002 10:46 PM

There is not enough information in your post to know if the web.xml file contains the proper information. It also depends on where your compiled class files are located.

Please have a look at this FAQ entry, and also spend some time reading the Java Servelt specification for more details.

cheers,
laurent

Re: A Question on web.xml

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 7, 2002 10:40 PM

This is not enough to find if things are properly configured on your server. You should also pay attention to where the .class files are stored on your server (

Please, have a look at the servlet specification on the sun web site. You will find lots of great details about the web.xml file.

cheers,
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact