EJB and Dynamic/Ad-hoc Queries
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   amy_lim
Posted On:   Monday, May 6, 2002 11:45 AM

I'm fairly new to EJB and would like suggestions on a project that I wanted to start. Let me give you the scenario and I’ll build my questions from there. We need to build an Ad-hoc Reporting Application, which allows users to create their own query and run that query. We have two types of users, general and experts. The general users generate their reports against views, while the experts are allowed to join any tables in the database or whatever tables are available to them. This will be mainly read-only process; unless, in the future we have a need for update, insert, delete, and etc to the database. My question is what is the best solution/design to this scenario? Should I use: Session Bean to DAO?    More>>

I'm fairly new to EJB and would like suggestions on a project that I wanted to start.

Let me give you the scenario and I’ll build my questions from there.

We need to build an Ad-hoc Reporting Application, which allows users to create their own query and run that query. We have two types of users, general and experts. The general users generate their reports against views, while the experts are allowed to join any tables in the database or whatever tables are available to them. This will be mainly read-only process; unless, in the future we have a need for update, insert, delete, and etc to the database.

My question is what is the best solution/design to this scenario?
Should I use:
Session Bean to DAO?
Session Bean to Entity Bean (CMP or BMP)?
Or just straight JDBC/DAO?

If this a repeat question, I apologies, just guide me to the thread if this was already posted somewhere in the forum.

<<Less

Re: EJB and Dynamic/Ad-hoc Queries

Posted By:   amy_lim  
Posted On:   Tuesday, May 7, 2002 06:54 AM

Can someone help...
Thanks,
Amy
About | Sitemap | Contact