dcsimg
Using Application (Frames) instead of Applets
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   hetal_desai
Posted On:   Friday, May 3, 2002 10:48 AM

I am facing the security problems while trying to use an applet which eventually connects to Oracle Database using JdbcOdbc driver. So if I want to use application (Frame) instead of Applet, how can I call this Frame from the HTML page? i.e. How to replace tag to call a Java Application instead of Java Applet.

Re: Using Application (Frames) instead of Applets

Posted By:   Laxman_Subramanian  
Posted On:   Friday, May 3, 2002 04:41 PM

Applet untill and unless signed cannot establish network connections to any server other than the Machine from where
it orginated . if your Database resides in another network machine rather than the one where it is loaded from, there will always be a security violation one way of sorting it would be to sign the applet and give it permissions to establish network connection. Else to have the applet connect to the same machine and have a portforwader to forward the connection to different machine (your database machine).You can even use Applet to servlet communication to do this applet -> servlet(which will act as proxy)--> database.
you ant call a fram directly in a html page Applet tag is mandatory .Even if you call the Application inside the Applet . It will be a security violation since its a part of the parent Applet .

If you need notes on signed applet .reply will help you with that . I have been very successfull with Applet to servlet comm and applet through portforwarder connections .
About | Sitemap | Contact