Running CORBA tnameserv on the AS/400
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Larry_Neylon
Posted On:   Friday, May 3, 2002 10:01 AM

Hi, I'm trying to implement a software package on the AS/400 which uses the CORBA Naming service tnameserv. When I try and run it I get the following error: tnameserv -ORBInitialPort 1100 java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: cannot instantiate com.ibm.rmi.javax.rmi.CORBA.Util minor code: 0 completed: No java/lang/Throwable. (Ljava/lang/String;)V+4 (Throwable.java:90) org/omg/CORBA/SystemException. (Ljava/lang/String;ILorg/omg/CORBA/CompletionStatus;)V+1 (SystemException.java:45) org/omg/CORBA/INITIALIZE. (Ljava/lang/String;)V+6 (INITIALIZE.java:43)    More>>

Hi,

I'm trying to implement a software package on the AS/400 which uses the CORBA Naming service tnameserv.

When I try and run it I get the following error:

tnameserv -ORBInitialPort 1100

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: org.omg.CORBA.INITIALIZE: cannot
instantiate com.ibm.rmi.javax.rmi.CORBA.Util minor code:
0 completed: No

java/lang/Throwable. (Ljava/lang/String;)V+4 (Throwable.java:90)

org/omg/CORBA/SystemException. (Ljava/lang/String;ILorg/omg/CORBA/CompletionStatus;)V+1 (SystemException.java:45)

org/omg/CORBA/INITIALIZE. (Ljava/lang/String;)V+6
(INITIALIZE.java:43)

javax/rmi/CORBA/Util.createDelegateIfSpecified(Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Object;+73 (Util.java:308)

javax/rmi/CORBA/Util. ()V+4 (Util.java:53)

com/sun/corba/se/internal/core/IOR.createCodebaseComponent(Ljava/lang/Object;)
Lcom/sun/corba/se/internal/core/Profile£TaggedComponent;+9 (IOR.java:148)

com/sun/corba/se/internal/corba/ServerDelegate.createObjref(^BLjava/lang/Object;)Ljava/lang/Object;+99 (ServerDelegate.java:424)

com/sun/corba/se/internal/corba/ORB.connect(Lorg/omg/CORBA/Object;)V+16(ORB.java:1090)

com/sun/corba/se/internal/CosNaming/TransientNamingContext. (Lorg/omg/CORBA/ORB;Lorg/omg/CosNaming/NamingContext;)V+16

(TransientNamingContext.java:83)

com/sun/corba/se/internal/CosNaming/TransientNameService. (Lorg/omg/CORBA/ORB;)V+4 (TransientNameService.java:52)

com/sun/corba/se/internal/CosNaming/TransientNameServer.main(^Ljava/lang/String;)V+91 (TransientNameServer.java:99)

The only reference I can find anywhere to com.ibm.rmi.javax.rmi.corba.Util suggests that this is part of the Websphere Application Server V4 implementation.

Has anybody got tnameserv working on the AS/400 without Websphere ?

We are running V4R5 with JDK 1.3.

Thanks,

Larry

<<Less

Re: Running CORBA tnameserv on the AS/400

Posted By:   Larry_Neylon  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 8, 2002 07:14 AM

The JDK1.3 installation defaults to use the IBM ORB, which is usually shipped with Websphere.

To use the Sun ORB rename the orb.properties file in the jdk13/lib directory.

tnameserv will now work
About | Sitemap | Contact