dcsimg
Read only attributes on multicast extension swiftlet
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alison_Kakoschke
Posted On:   Thursday, May 2, 2002 07:31 PM

Hi

I am using SwiftMQ in a system in which we are implementing multicast using the multicast extension swiftlet. We have the situation where the IP address of machines is dynamic and hence, we need to change the value of the interface address attribute when the IP changes.
I have tried to do this via cli, however it appears that the interface address attribute is read only. Is there any way I can turn off the read only property and change the interface address at run time (besides removing the old connection and re-creating a new one with the new ip address - alot more work).

Thanks

Alison Kakoschke

Re: Read only attributes on multicast extension swiftlet

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Friday, May 3, 2002 12:37 AM

Well, not really alot more work. You have only to iterate with CLI through the topic entity list of the connection and store it to recreate it later.

The reason why multicast address, interface address, multicast port are read-only attributes is that a change of one of those attributes would require to remove/recreate that connection with all the defined topics. There's no way to just change the interface address in the Network Swiftlet or in the underlying multicast at all. This is also the case for all TCP listeners/connector and thus all those attributes of all those entities are consequently read-only.
About | Sitemap | Contact