dcsimg
java POP3 call
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mansoor_Alam
Posted On:   Thursday, May 2, 2002 08:27 AM

I am using a java app on linux server with apachi and shared tomcat the app is is designed to send email notifications from server to my email address regarding activities on the server e.g. "new file uploaded on server" the problem is that the server is not giving access to SMTP directly, the server requires first making the connection to POP with authorisation then it will allow using smtp for sending out any email from the server, my sendmail.class is able to connect to smtp server, but I dont know how to establish the pop conection before using smtp. please any one can thell me how to establish POP connection with login/password authrisation, prior to using SMTP. Best regards and th   More>>

I am using a java app on linux server with apachi and shared tomcat

the app is is designed to send email notifications from server to my email address regarding activities on the server e.g. "new file uploaded on server"

the problem is that the server is not giving access to SMTP directly, the server requires first making the connection to POP with authorisation then it will allow using smtp for sending out any email from the server, my sendmail.class is able to connect to smtp server, but I dont know how to establish the pop conection before using smtp.

please any one can thell me how to establish POP connection with login/password authrisation, prior to using SMTP. Best regards and thanks!

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact