dcsimg
Using jikes and parsing frenzy
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   David_Karlton
Posted On:   Thursday, May 2, 2002 05:17 AM

I've been trying to use jikes on Win2K to compile individual files in my project, with the unfortunate side effect that the compile decides to parse literally hundreds of other files each time I compile a single file. This can take quite a long time, not to mention that it's terribly annoying. If I use javac, this doesn't occur, but I really prefer the performance boost from jikes. Some of the other people using the same installation of IntelliJ, and working with the same project, are not experiencing this. Additionally, when I run jikes as the compiler, a secondary DOS window pops up (with the pathname to the jikes compiler included with IntelliJ). This doesn't occur for the other users here at my office. Please help!    More>>

I've been trying to use jikes on Win2K to compile individual files in my project, with the unfortunate side effect that the compile decides to parse literally hundreds of other files each time I compile a single file. This can take quite a long time, not to mention that it's terribly annoying. If I use javac, this doesn't occur, but I really prefer the performance boost from jikes.

Some of the other people using the same installation of IntelliJ, and working with the same project, are not experiencing this. Additionally, when I run jikes as the compiler, a secondary DOS window pops up (with the pathname to the jikes compiler included with IntelliJ). This doesn't occur for the other users here at my office.

Please help! Thanks, David.

<<Less

Re: Using jikes and parsing frenzy

Posted By:   Stanislav_Davydov  
Posted On:   Thursday, June 13, 2002 08:49 AM

Please, could you describe the compiler options for jikes (Project properties/Jikes/ tab)? What type of the compilation do you use? There are three types of the compilation (Build/ menu option):

1. Compile Project (compile all classes)
  2. Compile (compile current class)
  3. Compile Modified (compile all modified classes)

Hold on for a information.

Best regards,
Stanislav
About | Sitemap | Contact