Hiding the TO reciepient email address
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Brent_Laufenberg
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 1, 2002 02:21 PM

Hi, I am sending a dynamically generated email list an update message about my website. I use the BCC field to "hide" their address from each other, but I need a TO address to send an email, so right now I am sending it to a dedicated inbox I have set up. What I want is to hide the TO inbox's email address, so people can't send random email to it. I just want the Name of the TO address to display. Here's what I mean: TO: Website Update BCC: Name1 , Name2 Subject: update info Body: You get the picture. Please send any correspondense to brentlaufenberg@hotmail.com Thanks in advance!! Brent    More>>

Hi,

I am sending a dynamically generated email list an update message about my website. I use the BCC field to "hide" their address from each other, but I need a TO address to send an email, so right now I am sending it to a dedicated inbox I have set up.

What I want is to hide the TO inbox's email address, so people can't send random email to it. I just want the Name of the TO address to display. Here's what I mean:

TO: Website Update
BCC: Name1 , Name2
Subject: update info
Body: You get the picture.

Please send any correspondense to brentlaufenberg@hotmail.com

Thanks in advance!!

Brent

<<Less

Re: Hiding the TO reciepient email address

Posted By:   AlessandroA_Garbagnati  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 1, 2002 02:27 PM

Brent,

I think that you can have a BCC and not have a TO... Never tried that with JavaMail, only from my email client...
About | Sitemap | Contact