Sending mail to Say an Hotmail Address or yahoo address
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Sam_Sam
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 1, 2002 01:28 PM

Just had one query my program bounces if an email is send to a valid Hotmail or Yahoo account. Any idea why this is so Has it got to do with authentication of my SMTP server? SInce my server gets the email from a valid Hotmail / Yahoo account but cannot send mail to this accounts. The error message that i get is Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for sameer@hotmail.com Sending failed; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses; nested exception is: javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to   More>>

Just had one query my program bounces if an email is send to a valid Hotmail or Yahoo account. Any idea why this is so
Has it got to do with authentication of my SMTP server? SInce my server gets the email from a valid Hotmail / Yahoo account but cannot send mail to this accounts.

The error message that i get is

Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for sameer@hotmail.com

Sending failed;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: Invalid Addresses;
nested exception is:
javax.mail.SendFailedException: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for sameer@hotmail.com

sameer@hotmail.com is my valid Email address.

Any idea why this is so. Has it got to do with Email server configuration or it is an SMTP protocol issue. Actually my application sends 2 mails.

SO in this mail i get mail from the Email adress User Entered(sameervs@hotmail.com) to my valid SMTP company address.

But the second confirmation mail going to the USer Form bounces with the above message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

<<Less

Re: Sending mail to Say an Hotmail Address or yahoo address

Posted By:   Bob_Lee  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 1, 2002 02:22 PM

The error is in your SMTP server's configuration. It does not allow you to use it to send mail to other domains, i.e. "hotmail.com". I personally have an internal (not publicly accessible) SMTP server that I use for outgoing mail. It is configured to accept and relay any messages from hosts on the lan to any domain.
About | Sitemap | Contact