Problems with ftp and latest optional.jar
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 30, 2002 04:54 PM

Downloaded latest version of optional.jar (jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar) and NetComponents.jar for use with Ant 1.4.1. Added both jars to my classpath. Upon execution of my target which tries to ftp some files to my server I received the error: "...: Could not create task of type: ftp. Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME)." After much trial and error was able to get the script to work by utilizing an old version of optional.jar (files dated 3/14/2001), but curious as to why the latest version of optional.jar did not work. Any ideas? And I did scour through the Ant    More>>

Downloaded latest version of optional.jar (jakarta-ant-1.4.1-optional.jar) and NetComponents.jar for use with Ant 1.4.1. Added both jars to my classpath.

Upon execution of my target which tries to ftp some files to my server I received the error:

"...: Could not create task of type: ftp. Common solutions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional task, to put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation (ANT_HOME)."

After much trial and error was able to get the script to work by utilizing an old version of optional.jar (files dated 3/14/2001), but curious as to why the latest version of optional.jar did not work. Any ideas?

And I did scour through the Ant documentation for installing optional.jar and tried a variety of classpath iterations before giving up on the latest version and using the old verion.

Thanks in advance.

<<Less

Re: Problems with ftp and latest optional.jar

Posted By:   Erik_Hatcher  
Posted On:   Wednesday, May 1, 2002 02:48 AM

Did you try placing all your JAR files in ANT_HOME/lib? Seems like you tried all the right things. Does your version of optional.jar have FTP.class?
About | Sitemap | Contact