embedding information into a graphic
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Alek_Quinn
Posted On:   Monday, April 29, 2002 07:19 AM

I am creating a Swing front end to graph theory code. Basically, I want a visualization tool so I can check for connectedness or properties on the nodes/edges. I am using the basic commands drawOval for drawing nodes and drawLine for drawing the edges. What I would like to implement, though, is some sort of listener on the nodes and edges. As an example, if a node is clicked on, then a new frame pops up with information about the node (number of out edges, number of in edges, etc). I am not certain about how to do this. Has anyone else tried to do this? Right now I am using two buttons (one for edges, one for nodes) that brings up a split pane panel with a list of all edges/nodes and their properties. I am a fairl   More>>

I am creating a Swing front end to graph theory code. Basically, I want a visualization tool so I can check for connectedness or properties on the nodes/edges. I am using the basic commands drawOval for drawing nodes and drawLine for drawing the edges.

What I would like to implement, though, is some sort of listener on the nodes and edges. As an example, if a node is clicked on, then a new frame pops up with information about the node (number of out edges, number of in edges, etc). I am not certain about how to do this. Has anyone else tried to do this? Right now I am using two buttons (one for edges, one for nodes) that brings up a split pane panel with a list of all edges/nodes and their properties.

I am a fairly experienced Java programmer, but this is my first real attempt at using Swing. Plus, I am new to posting on this forum, so I hope the formatting is not all screwy!

Thanks,

Alek

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact