Email address from Alias
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   bishal_pujari
Posted On:   Friday, April 26, 2002 03:41 AM

Hi, I am trying to build a javamail email service which will read and send mails using Exchange Server. I have been able to read mails using IMAP and i can send mails using SMTP. While sending mails i am getting this problem. Since IMAP authentication requires domain etwork idalias as the userid i used the same alias for connecting to SMTP. everything went fine. But when i send mail using this alias as the from field the reciever gets the name of the sender as alias and not the actual name. My question is there any way i can get the email address from the alias using javamail? I know i can keep the email address as from field instead of alias but just wanted to know if there is a easier way out. I saw few posts with similar question but no a   More>>

Hi,
I am trying to build a javamail email service which will read and send mails using Exchange Server. I have been able to read mails using IMAP and i can send mails using SMTP. While sending mails i am getting this problem. Since IMAP authentication requires domain
etwork idalias as the userid i used the same alias for connecting to SMTP. everything went fine. But when i send mail using this alias as the from field the reciever gets the name of the sender as alias and not the actual name. My question is there any way i can get the email address from the alias using javamail?
I know i can keep the email address as from field instead of alias but just wanted to know if there is a easier way out. I saw few posts with similar question but no answer. Maybe i am the lucky one. :-)
Please help.

<<Less

Re: Email address from Alias

Posted By:   Nady_Jock  
Posted On:   Sunday, April 28, 2002 11:18 PM

you can use InternetAddress(java.lang.String address, java.lang.String alias)
About | Sitemap | Contact