XSL question dealing with XML Namespaces
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Frank_S
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 04:53 AM

I've only been working with XML for a few months, so I'm still kind of a newbie. I have a need to display a SOAP message in a web browser, and format it. I know, I know, there is a question as to whether SOAP should allow PI's or not; but my toolkit allows it. What I want to do is create an XSL to go with the SOAP XML. My issue is that SOAP uses namespaces in the XML, I can't seem to find an example as to how to reference the fields in an XML namespace from the XSL. Eliminating the namespaces allows me to do the normal template method, and I can display it then; but I would prefer the leave the message intact So, does anyone know where, or could send me, an example of an XML with namespaces and an XSL that accesses the children in the namespace?    More>>

I've only been working with XML for a few months, so I'm still kind of a newbie.

I have a need to display a SOAP message in a web browser, and format it. I know, I know, there is a question as to whether SOAP should allow PI's or not; but my toolkit allows it. What I want to do is create an XSL to go with the SOAP XML. My issue is that SOAP uses namespaces in the XML, I can't seem to find an example as to how to reference the fields in an XML namespace from the XSL. Eliminating the namespaces allows me to do the normal template method, and I can display it then; but I would prefer the leave the message intact

So, does anyone know where, or could send me, an example of an XML with namespaces and an XSL that accesses the children in the namespace?

Thanks,

Frank

<<Less

Re: XSL question dealing with XML Namespaces

Posted By:   irfan_mansha  
Posted On:   Thursday, May 2, 2002 03:21 AM

u have to create same xml namespace in xsl doc which u
have created in xml doc.

Use namespace prefix to access xml elements in xsl.

for more detail please visit www.topxml.com.

irfan mansha.
About | Sitemap | Contact