dcsimg
How to make sending information extremely confidential?
3 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Lyubomir_Pashov
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 02:13 AM

Hello, Could you tell me how to manipulate successfully (completely) the MimeMessage headers by using JavaMail API. I have read its documentation, and also the relative RFCs, but I cat get full access to the information of the message’s header… 1) I need an idea how to hide completely the sender. When I use the message.setHeader("Received", ……) method, it creates additional header part even if I have tried to remove the default with message.removeHeader("Received") method, and the actual sender still present into the message’s header. 2) I need to be able to hide the real route of the message, to make the information extremely confidential and impossible to be sniffed.    More>>

Hello,

Could you tell me how to manipulate successfully (completely) the MimeMessage headers by using JavaMail API.

I have read its documentation, and also the relative RFCs, but I cat get full access to the information of the message’s header…

1) I need an idea how to hide completely the sender.

When I use the message.setHeader("Received", ……) method, it creates additional header part even if I have tried to remove the default with message.removeHeader("Received") method, and the actual sender still present into the message’s header.

2) I need to be able to hide the real route of the message, to make the information extremely confidential and impossible to be sniffed.

I have heard that (for the second question) the solution is to carry the message through several servers… Is it possible? (And how?)

Thanks in advance! :-)

<<Less

Re: How to make sending information extremely confidential?

Posted By:   Igor_Stefanyuk  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 06:43 AM

Hi,

It's not so easy to hide the route of the e-Mail. Even if U dont' specify Sender' address - U still can read first mail server, that email has gone through.

to be invisible U need blank Sender Address and third-party/anonymous mail-server to send all email through it.

Óñïåõîâ

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 04:32 AM

Hiding the sender and obfuscating the send path would make the mail anonymous but would not prevent it being sniffed.

Regards.

Posted By:   william_wright  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 02:56 AM

As far as I know, unencrypted email is very insecure, because it is passed around unencrypted to many mail servers. The only way to completely secure email is to encrypt it with your client then have the other end decrypt it upon receipt.

As for the first question, it's odd why anyone would want to hide the sender of the email. Only spam companies would find this useful I'd think.
About | Sitemap | Contact