URG: Converting encoded greek char from HTML page to greek char
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   rohit_devgun
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 12:43 AM

String geekvalues = "&# 966;&# 948;&# 945;&# 963;&# 966;&# 945;&# 963;&# 948;&# 966;"; ( i have inserted space b/w &# ddd; because while framing the query they get converted to greek char) I parse the following string and insert the integer values in the following o/p stream with UTF8 ecoding. I can see proper greek char in the file, but when i read the contents of the file and try inserting these values to the DB, they appear as ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿(not what i see on my m/c) some junk char. bufferWriter = new BufferedWriter (new OutputStreamWrite   More>>

String geekvalues = "&# 966;&# 948;&# 945;&# 963;&# 966;&# 945;&# 963;&# 948;&# 966;";

( i have inserted space b/w &# ddd; because while framing the query they get converted to
greek char)

I parse the following string and insert the integer values in the following
o/p stream with UTF8 ecoding.

I can see proper greek char in the file, but when i read the contents of the file

and try inserting these values to the DB, they appear as ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿(not what i see on my m/c) some junk char.

bufferWriter = new BufferedWriter

(new OutputStreamWriter(new FileOutputStream("d:\tempAA.txt",false),"UTF8"));

bufferWriter.write(x);

bufferReader = new BufferedReader

(new InputStreamReader(new FileInputStream("d:\tempAA.txt"),"UTF8"));

retGreekValue =bufferReader.readLine();

String sqlStr = "INSERT INTO test_table VALUES('"+retGreekValue+"')";

Could anybody suggest how do i insert proper greek characters in Database from the encoded string from browser.

Thanks in advance,
.    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact