dcsimg
Mac OSX
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mark_Griffin
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 24, 2002 04:54 PM

I am considering buying an OS X machine.

Idea is a critical app.

Can anyone comment on Idea's behavior on OS X?

Re: Mac OSX

Posted By:   Andrew_Yount  
Posted On:   Friday, May 17, 2002 08:05 AM

A coworker of mine uses IDEA on OSX. IDEA is currently his (and my) favorite IDE, but he has run into a couple problems that seem to exist on the Mac version that do not exist on my PC version. The problems seem very minor. Of the one I can remember:

The keystroke redefine dialog box is blank. However, There are several very useful predefine keystroke template, and keystrokes can still be redefined by manually editing the config xml file.

The ANT build menu extends upwards off the screen preventing him from running the default target. (My version extends downwards showing all targets with the default at the top). He worked around this by adding a default target alias to the bottom of the ant script.

I believe there were a couple other very minor interface issues. Aside from these few minor issues, IDEA works great on OSX.

Andrew

Re: Mac OSX

Posted By:   Dieter_Wimberger  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 25, 2002 05:33 AM

Hi Mark,

I have worked with IntelliJ IDEA on OS X, and I did not run into troubles doing so. I don't know if I use all the features though, but if, then you should only run in troubles with native parts (like no mousewheel response, or jikes not out of the box, later can be fixed though, it is available).

Best is to try it on a box; if you know a dealer, then you maybe can arrange for running a test on one of the display machines.

Good luck,
Dieter
About | Sitemap | Contact