Problems after a MSIE security update when loading an applet from local disc, i.e. CODEBASE=C:<bla-bla>
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Monday, April 22, 2002 10:05 AM

I use a system that instead of downloading an applet from the server everytime you want to use it I store it locally on the client machine (It works like Java Web Start). This have been working the last three years but since MS released a security update ( Security Update, 28 March 2002 (Internet Explorer 6) (Q319182)) this is no longer working (after installing the patch). The applet tag in the HTML code looks (kind of) like this: I've tried a lot of combinations with the codebase ("...", '...', file:///c|/... etc.) but every time when trying to access C: all I get is a blank browser with a litte square (with 3 small colored objects (r, g, b) in it) where the applet shoul   More>>

I use a system that instead of downloading an applet from the server everytime you want to use it I store it locally on the client machine (It works like Java Web Start). This have been working the last three years but since MS released a security update ( Security Update, 28 March 2002 (Internet Explorer 6) (Q319182)) this is no longer working (after installing the patch).

The applet tag in the HTML code looks (kind of) like this:

I've tried a lot of combinations with the codebase ("...", '...', file:///c|/... etc.) but every time when trying to access C: all I get is a blank browser with a litte square (with 3 small colored objects (r, g, b) in it) where the applet should be. The Java console says nothing, no exceptions, no nothing! If I let the codebase be like CODEBASE="/classes" i.e. downloading the applet from the server, everythig works fine! I've tried to set the security level in MSIE to the lowest.

It's like MSIE just freezes when trying to read from the local disc. Is this a feature or a problem? I mean, the whole idea with signed applets is to let the applet have a chance to access the local machine (in different security levels)!?!

Best/

Johan E    <<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact