I am a student of Aptech.
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Abbas_Haidermoata
Posted On:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 10:12 AM

1. How do we turn off the JIT in JDK ? 2. Java is generally identified by the coffee cup. What is the Java Duke Mascot ? 3. How can a directory listing be provided using Java that allows the user to navigate directories ? 4. What is an applet constructor ? Can it be overridden ? Explain. 5. How can we make out the type of machine and OS that the Java program is running on ? 6. How can the Java classes be converted to an executable .exe file for Windows ? 7. How can the cursor shape be changed ? 8. How can we load a web-page using an applet ? I am asking genuine questions to which I have been unable to get answers. I asked 8 questions out of 30. Twenty-two have been answered. I hope you were not in   More>>

1. How do we turn off the JIT in JDK ?
2. Java is generally identified by the coffee cup. What is the Java Duke Mascot ?
3. How can a directory listing be provided using Java that allows the user to navigate directories ?
4. What is an applet constructor ? Can it be overridden ? Explain.
5. How can we make out the type of machine and OS that the Java program is running on ?
6. How can the Java classes be converted to an executable .exe file for Windows ?
7. How can the cursor shape be changed ?
8. How can we load a web-page using an applet ?

I am asking genuine questions to which I have been unable to get answers. I asked 8 questions out of 30. Twenty-two have been answered. I hope you were not indulging in sarcasm or joking when you replied "anything else...". Just did not expect it from an organisation like yours. I am re-asking these questions again in the "OTHER" portion. Do please give me genuine answers or just tell me that it is not possible to answer. Thank you anyway.

<<Less

Re: I am a student of Aptech.

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 30, 2002 05:27 AM

You might get a more proactive response if you seperated out your questions asking each individually in the appropriate forum. You are unlikely to find a single individual with the time or patience to answer all of your questions at one hit.

1. Use the '-Xint' commandline option to the JVM to turn off JIT (you can find out the advanced options by typing 'java -X')

2.According Sun's java website ('java.sun.com') Duke is the mascot for Java technology (do a search for 'Duke' on that site).

3. Use the File object. There are plenty of references to this in the Forums/FAQs on this site. Look in there before asking.

4. Either a method on the Applet that's invoked when an instance of that object is created or an external tool capable of creating/running an instance of an Applet

5. This is also dealt with elsewhere in the forums/FAQs on this site.

6. Haven't a clue. I know that there are tools to do this (and entries elsewhere on this site). To my mind this defeats the whole purpose of Java.

7. Haven't a clue. Try posting this in the Swing forum (after first checking whether or not there are already answers posted).

8. Haven't a clue. Try posting this in the Networking forum (after first checking whether or not there are already answers posted).

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact