dcsimg
JNDI swiftlet, replication & global JNDI context
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Dillon
Posted On:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 01:24 AM

Is there any reason why the JNDI swiftlet will only replicate into a java:/ context? I needed to have destination & factory objects accessible on the node where my SwiftMQ router service was running such that a jnp://hostname:port/jndipath URL could be used to obtain that object for use as a bean resource by a remote node (as smqp won't let me do that. To complicate things just a little more I setup an external context mapping to move the configuration of the remote JNDI store out of the beans descriptors. I found that the external context would not include a java:/ context, only the global JNDI context. So to fix the problem I wrote a simple cont   More>>

Is there any reason why the JNDI swiftlet will only replicate into a java:/ context?

I needed to have destination & factory objects accessible on the node where my SwiftMQ router service was running such that a jnp://hostname:port/jndipath URL could be used to obtain that object for use as a bean resource by a remote node (as smqp won't let me do that.

To complicate things just a little more I setup an external context mapping to move the configuration of the remote JNDI store out of the beans descriptors.

I found that the external context would not include a java:/ context, only the global JNDI context. So to fix the problem I wrote a simple context cloner MBean which simply binds objects from source to target contexts.

But why doesn't the JNDI swiftlet just allow binding to contexts other than java:/ ? I tried binding to /swiftmq and swiftmq and it simply did not export anything.

I have it working, but I thought you might like to know.

--jason

<<Less

Re: JNDI swiftlet, replication & global JNDI context

Posted By:   Andreas_Mueller  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 03:04 AM

Only the default destination context is java:/comp/env. You should be able to specify any context to overwrite it. Have you switched the trace on? What does the jndi.trace say?
About | Sitemap | Contact