JBoss JMS resource adapter and SwiftMQ
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Jason_Dillon
Posted On:   Saturday, April 20, 2002 12:32 AM

Has anyone tested (in either JBoss 2.4.x or JBoss 3.x) the usage of the JMS XA resource adapter? I am seeing some odd behavior after switching over from using JBossMQ, but I can not really tell what the root cause of the problem is... yet. Currently the details of are rather complicated to explain, so right now I am just asking if others have had success using SwiftMQ and the JBoss JMS resource adapter. Well, ok, here is one detail. This is the first exception that I am seeing... which is basically meaningless to me. If you know off hand what this cryptic error means I would love to know. 2002-04-20 00:18:48,757 135638 WARN org.jboss.tm.TxCapsule [Jo   More>>

Has anyone tested (in either JBoss 2.4.x or JBoss 3.x) the usage of the JMS XA resource adapter?

I am seeing some odd behavior after switching over from using JBossMQ, but I can not really tell what the root cause of the problem is... yet.

Currently the details of are rather complicated to explain, so right now I am just asking if others have had success using SwiftMQ and the JBoss JMS resource adapter.

Well, ok, here is one detail. This is the first exception that I am seeing... which is basically meaningless to me. If you know off hand what this cryptic error means I would love to know.

2002-04-20 00:18:48,757 135638 WARN org.jboss.tm.TxCapsule [JobRunner-0] (RequestSpooler) XAException: tx=XidImpl [FormatId=257, GlobalId=eng-ecr3a//7, BranchQual=] errorCode=XAER_RMERR
javax.transaction.xa.XAException
at com.swiftmq.jms.XAResourceImpl.start(XAResourceImpl.java:121)
at org.jboss.tm.TxCapsule.startResource(TxCapsule.java:1090)
at org.jboss.tm.TxCapsule.enlistResource(TxCapsule.java:623)
at org.jboss.tm.TransactionImpl.enlistResource(TransactionImpl.java:111)
at org.jboss.pool.connector.BaseConnectionManager$XAListener.enlist(BaseConnectionManager.java:592)
at org.jboss.pool.connector.BaseConnectionManager$XAListener.register(BaseConnectionManager.java:601)
at org.jboss.pool.connector.XAConnectionManager.allocateConnection(XAConnectionManager.java:95)
at org.jboss.jms.ra.JmsSessionFactoryImpl.createQueueSession(JmsSessionFactoryImpl.java:125)
at com.boldfish.does.job.workflow.internal.RequestSpoolerEJB.spool(RequestSpoolerEJB.java:346)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionContainer.java:695)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:129)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:243)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:97)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:207)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:168)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer.invoke(StatefulSessionContainer.java:354)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker.invoke(JRMPContainerInvoker.java:445)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:129)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatefulSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:243)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:97)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:207)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:63)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:168)
at org.jboss.ejb.StatefulSessionContainer.invoke(StatefulSessionContainer.java:354)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.server.JRMPContainerInvoker.invoke(JRMPContainerInvoker.java:445)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.GenericProxy.invokeContainer(GenericProxy.java:339)
at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jrmp.interfaces.StatefulSessionProxy.invoke(StatefulSessionProxy.java:136)
at $Proxy22.spool(Unknown Source)
at com.boldfish.does.job.service.JobController$Runner.run(JobController.java:322)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I will run some more tests to try and isolate the problem, though any insight anyone has would be helpful.

Thanks,

--jason

<<Less

Re: JBoss JMS resource adapter and SwiftMQ

Posted By:   Clayton_Wheeler  
Posted On:   Monday, April 22, 2002 11:22 AM

Hi Jason,

I did encounter that problem as well as some others while setting up SwiftMQ with JBoss using the JMS XA resource adapter.

I've got some preliminary documentation of how I got it working although some of the associated code isn't up there yet. Look that over and see if it helps, or if it just confuses you more. :)

I think I ran into that same XA_RMERR problem when I wasn't closing sessions properly; I address this on the above page, but you need to explicitly call session.close() since connection.close() is a no-op with the JBoss XA wrappers.

If this doesn't solve your problems, let me know at csw@iridio.com; I spent a week or two making these two systems work together, which they eventually did.

About | Sitemap | Contact