How to detect that my process was killed?
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mirek_Subrt
Posted On:   Friday, April 19, 2002 06:14 AM

I am calling some non-Java-program from my Java code: Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command); .......... int code=waitFor(); // or code=exitValue(); I want to detect at my Java code that the non-Java-program (at command, say "prg.exe") was killed outside of Java environment. A) When the kill is done during I/O-operations of prg.exe, then I can detect by IOException (it is OK). B) When the kill is done during waitFor, then I can detect by InterruptedException (it is OK, too). C) But when the kill is done in other place of Java-code, I DO NOT how to detect that the prg.exe was KILLed!    More>>

I am calling some non-Java-program from my Java code:

Process process = Runtime.getRuntime().exec(command);
int code=waitFor(); // or code=exitValue();

I want to detect at my Java code that the non-Java-program
(at command, say "prg.exe") was killed outside of Java environment.

• A) When the kill is done during I/O-operations of prg.exe, then I can detect by IOException (it is OK).
  • B) When the kill is done during waitFor,
    then I can detect by InterruptedException (it is OK, too).
  • C) But when the kill is done in other place of Java-code, I DO NOT how to detect that the prg.exe was KILLed!

When I kill program prg.exe, then my method waitFor (and exitValue) return 1. But it depends on concrete program (for prg1.exe it can be 0, for example !!).

And how can I distinguish the exitValue=1 in these 2 situations:

• 1) prg.exe finished normally (it was not killed), but it indicated some his inner state by return 1;
  • 2) prg.exe has killed from the outside.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mirek

•    <<Less
    About | Sitemap | Contact