JMS with Visual J++ 6.0
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Mo_Negargar
Posted On:   Thursday, April 18, 2002 09:52 AM

Hi, Has anyone managed to get JMS clients running with J++? I downloaded JNDI1.2 from Sun, it compiles fine but when I try to get the initial context it throws unknown method error. This is where the problem is: env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory") jndi_context = new InitialContext(env); It seems that SerialInitcontextFactory uses System.setProperty method that is not available in Java 1.1. Anyone knows away around this? Thanks in advance    More>>

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get JMS clients running with J++? I downloaded JNDI1.2 from Sun, it compiles fine but when I try to get the initial context it throws unknown method error.

This is where the problem is:

env.put(Context.INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, "com.sun.enterprise.naming.SerialInitContextFactory")

jndi_context = new InitialContext(env);

It seems that SerialInitcontextFactory uses System.setProperty method that is not available in Java 1.1.

Anyone knows away around this?

Thanks in advance

<<Less

Re: JMS with Visual J++ 6.0

Posted By:   Anonymous  
Posted On:   Monday, April 29, 2002 05:27 PM

Yes, swith to a different IDE ASAP! J++ sucks because it only support a MS non-standard implementation of the JDK1.1...

I suggest you use Eclipse Workbend or Forte, which have a nice price tag (0$!)...
About | Sitemap | Contact