Storing parameters when passed to an index page that links to other forms but does not submit to other forms
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   James_Chaney
Posted On:   Thursday, April 18, 2002 08:02 AM

I am new to Java programming and have a website that has several different forms allowing the user to put different amounts of grant money to be given to the college. I have been able to save these parameters using both JavaBeans and passing the parameters using the request.getParameter with sessions - this works fine as long as I keep posting this information from form to form but when I allow the user to go back to the index page to link to another college department I lose my previous stored data. Any idea/suggestions as to how to keep my parameters when allowing the user to go back to the index page to select another area to give money to?

Re: Storing parameters when passed to an index page that links to other forms but does not submit to other forms

Posted By:   David_Liu  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 18, 2002 12:17 PM

You have to persist this data. There are many ways of doing it (database, ejb). However, if you don't care of the data after the user close the browser, then storing the data in HTTP session is a better choice. The JSP should be able to store database in to http session, and other pages can retrieve it as needed.
About | Sitemap | Contact