<Font size=3 color=green><strong>Sending Graphical data over the sockets</strong></font>
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Anonymous
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 16, 2002 05:13 AM

Hi,

I am new to this technology. I want to send graphical data (drawing, painting just like in MS Paint)from one computer to another through sockets. Data viewed at the receiving hand must be such as if it is viewed on the sending computer ( i.e. all the editing should be seen at that time). I am stuck up with this problem. How can this be possible. Please help me in giving me a slight help possibly through a small sample code.

Thanks.

Karar

Re: <Font size=3 color=green><strong>Sending Graphical data over the sockets</strong></font>

Posted By:   Simon_Ablett  
Posted On:   Tuesday, April 16, 2002 05:32 AM

Just treat your images as a stream of bytes and send them over the socket. You would presumably also need to define some kind of standard header so that the receiving system could know what the bytes represented (i.e. whether it was a GIF file, a JPEG, a BMP etc). This header could be as simple as a three byte header of the form 'GIF' (for example) or as complicated as you wanted to make it). The receiving system would then have to know what to do with the bytes (for example, write them to a file etc.).

Regards.
About | Sitemap | Contact