dcsimg
How do most developers do configuration?
1 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Christopher_Randall
Posted On:   Friday, April 12, 2002 11:04 AM

I am just wondering what people do with Java software applications that have lots of different dynamically-instanciated components to configure those components? I have a software application that is component-aware, and needs to be able to store information about configured components. These components have a common look-and-feel (inherit from the same base class or implement the same interfaces), but all need specific configurations in order to work. Also, multiple instances of these components should be able to execute concurrently, each having its own unique configuration. What is the best way to store configuration information about these different components? I have tried properties files, but this is NOT scalable.    More>>

I am just wondering what people do with Java software applications that have lots of different dynamically-instanciated components to configure those components?

I have a software application that is component-aware, and needs to be able to store information about configured components. These components have a common look-and-feel (inherit from the same base class or implement the same interfaces), but all need specific configurations in order to work. Also, multiple instances of these components should be able to execute concurrently, each having its own unique configuration.

What is the best way to store configuration information about these different components? I have tried properties files, but this is NOT scalable.

Thanks,

Chris

<<Less

Re: How do most developers do configuration?

Posted By:   Laurent_Mihalkovic  
Posted On:   Saturday, April 13, 2002 03:40 PM

The apache group has developed a nice library for managing configurations. I believe it is part of the Jakarta Commons project.

cheers,
laurent

About | Sitemap | Contact