Security Exception when common Applets should be loaded in IE 5.5
0 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Andreas_Kolboom
Posted On:   Friday, April 12, 2002 04:37 AM

Hi, I had a working Win2K Configuration with IE 5.50 running perfectly. The concerned Applets also did work already. Then, I installed JAVA SDK 1.4.0 from java.sun.com including the JRE. Now every time I want to load a HTML-page containing an applet, the applet won't show. (this is with Internet Applets as well as Intranet Applets, all of which not programmed by myself). In the empty applet field, there says "class not found exception" etc. When I check the errors with the console, it says first: java.net.SocketException: Connection refused: connect I think, this is the real problem and the class not found exception is just a follow-up bu   More>>

Hi,

I had a working Win2K Configuration with IE 5.50 running perfectly. The concerned Applets also did work already.

Then, I installed JAVA SDK 1.4.0 from java.sun.com including the JRE.

Now every time I want to load a HTML-page containing an applet, the applet won't show.

(this is with Internet Applets as well as Intranet Applets, all of which not programmed by myself).

In the empty applet field, there says "class not found exception" etc.

When I check the errors with the console, it says first:
java.net.SocketException: Connection refused: connect

I think, this is the real problem and the class not found exception is just a follow-up bug.

What should I do to make the applets work again ?

Please help !

Andi

<<Less
About | Sitemap | Contact