How to learn EJB the right way
2 posts in topic
Flat View  Flat View
TOPIC ACTIONS:

Posted By:   Melanie_Biteman
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 10, 2002 05:52 AM

I am designing a web application that will utilize both a web server (probably Apache) and an app server (probably Weblogic). Our original direction was to use Jakarta's Turbine framework to handle all of our navigation, servlet direction, etc, and interfacing with Torque (generated database access classes) to hit the database. Since we will now be accessing our DB via the applicaion server, this implies the use of EJB. No one on our team has any experience with this. What is the best way to learn EJB AND to design them appropriately. I see alot of e-mail traffic about how you can really mess up your application with poorly design EJB. Can anyone give us some direction? Also, does anyone know how h   More>>

I am designing a web application that will utilize both a web server (probably Apache) and an app
server (probably Weblogic). Our original direction was to use Jakarta's Turbine framework to
handle all of our navigation, servlet direction, etc, and interfacing with Torque (generated database
access classes) to hit the database. Since we will now be accessing our DB via the applicaion
server, this implies the use of EJB. No one on our team has any experience with this. What is the
best way to learn EJB AND to design them appropriately. I see alot of e-mail traffic about how
you can really mess up your application with poorly design EJB. Can anyone give us some
direction? Also, does anyone know how hard it is to get running with a Weblogic app server?

Thanks!

<<Less

Re: How to learn EJB the right way

Posted By:   Erik_Runia  
Posted On:   Thursday, April 11, 2002 10:53 AM

We ran into same problem at my company, I think they modeled their application after the PetStore demo and were pretty successful in that.

Re: How to learn EJB the right way

Posted By:   Kesavan_Srinivasan  
Posted On:   Wednesday, April 10, 2002 06:05 AM

Hi Melanie,

The best way to learn EJB is to buy a book called Enterprise JavaBeans,authored by Richard Monsan-Haefel. Then move on to advanced book called Mastering EJB by Ed Roman. These give u a good conceptual idea.

Next comes the working stage, once u get conceptual knowledge & to put it in work u need to learn abt App Servers. Best of the AppServer I hv known is BEA Weblogic Server, easy to learn, since I am working with it for more than a couple of years. The tutorials on BEA Site, http://edocs.bea.com is really good place to start with.

If u find any probs u can post to this site where many of the jGurus are waiting to help. U can also write me at kesavansrini@yahoo.co.in

Kesavan.

About | Sitemap | Contact